The Middle Ages - From the Renaissance to the Second World War
* * * Temporarily out of stock. More on the way!! * * *
If you order this item it will be shipped in 1-2 weeks.
In the History curriculum for 7th and 8th Grades in a Waldorf school, the focus is on the developing individual human biography and consciousness, from the Renaissance and Age of Discovery to the great upheavals and new inventions in modern times. At any given time there are both backward-looking and forward-looking elements. This books follows a timeline through the history of Europe and North America. References suggest ways to weave in similar material from other cultures. These can also be included in Geography and Literature studies if the History period allotment is too confining.
- Middle Ages – Teutons, Arab expansion, Charlemagne, Feudalism, Crusades, Church and State, Towns, Universities, Natural Science, Nationalism, Religion, England, Knights and Chivalry, Monasteries (6th Grade)
- Renaissance – Art, Literature, Learning (Erasmus), Politics, Social Life, Discoveries, Commerce, Science, Biographies (7th Grade)
- Age of Rationalism – Thirty Years’ War, Louis XIV, Civil War in England, Russia, and America, Science and Culture, Prussia (Frederick the Great), Industrial Revolution, Colonization, American War of Independence, French Revolution (8th Grade)
- 19th & 20th Centuries – Napoleonic Wars, American Civil War, Trade with the Far East, Empire building, Scientific investigation and its impact, Russian Revolution, Biographies, Capitalism and Communism (8th grade)