Ancient Civilizations - Greece - Rome
* * * Temporarily out of stock. More on the way!! * * *
If you order this item it will be shipped in 1-2 weeks.
The History curriculum for 5th and 6th grades in a Waldorf school follows the thread of development of the post-Atlantean cultures through Ancient India, Persia, Egypt and Chaldea, Greece and Rome. This provides a picture of the changing human consciousness from ancient clairvoyance to the loss of spiritual vision and, with it, the awakening of independent awareness and materialism. Wilkinson guides the teacher to a deeper understanding of the spiritual significance of mythologies and great epics, and shows how the ancient world points the way to the future.
- Ancient India – The Ramayana, Krishna, Buddha
- Ancient Persia – Zarathustra
- Egypt and Babylon – Isis and Osiris, Gilgamesh
- Greece – The Illiad, Theseus, Demeter and Persephone, The Odyssey, The Argonauts, Hercules, Prometheus, City-states, Biographies
- Rome – Political development, Development of Christianity, Conquests and collapse, Biographies