Study Is Hard Work
Acquiring and Keeping Study Skills through a Lifetime
William A. Armstrong
$12.95Add a review
This is one book I truly wish I had had when I was in high school and college. Although I managed to develop a method of study that proved effective, if I had been able to read this book first, I would have faced the task of studying with a confidence and surefootedness that I entirely lacked. Years of uncertainty and anxiety might have been transformed had I known then what Armstrong lays out so completely and clearly.
Study Is Hard Work was published too late for me to use, but not too late for today's high school and college students. It is already required reading in numerous prep schools, and hailed by college educators as fostering the best kind of academic success -- that founded on a love of learning and an ability to work hard and thoroughly.
I can't recommend this book highly enough. It is a truly great tool.
Research on Study Skills for High School Students
NOTE: Imperfect copies currently discounted on the clearance page.
$18.00Add a review
Over 100 pages highlighting what research and common sense say about study skills, learning styles and much more. This is really a wonderful handbook on everything that goes into successful study, and how adults can help our students achieve this goal.
Topics covered are:
- Waldorf social/emotional skills curriculum chart
- Creating a study environment
- Personal individual learning styles - hemispheric dominence other learning styles determining you individual learning style Gregorc Learning Style Delineator the mismatch line
- Listening skills
- Developing concentration
- Time management
- Reading understanding our eyes and vision hand pacing technique sustained silent reading program reading rate survey of reading strategies S3QR reading system summary of reaading steps vocabulary: a daily effort reading poetry reading mathematics and science how to read science
- Math skills
- Ten barricades to successful study
- Notetaking the Cornell system the mind mapping system
- Test taking strategies
- Life management stress management hints for your health
- The researcher's evaluation
- Reading evaluation
- Students' anecdotal evaluation
NOTE: Imperfect copies currently discounted on the clearance page (scroll down to find them).