Every now and then, less often than we’d like but more often than one might hope for, a book comes along that takes a fresh look at old questions and, in so doing, enlivens not only the questions, but the subject they address. Completing the Circle is such a book.
Thomas Poplawski has taken up most of the questions most people, at some time or another, ask about Waldorf Education and has addressed them (and us) with great heart and a viewpoint that brings us into the living nature of human life. Open the book and you’ll step into a world of quiet liveliness, a world at peace and in motion, at once magical and fully apparent. His is a book that will make you fall in love with life and the possibilities of education all over again.
Here’s what he talks about:
- The Schooling of Angels
- Button Up Your Overcoat
- Losing Our Senses
- Taming the Media Monster
- The Power of Play
- Toys Are Not Us – Escaping from the Maw of Consumerism
- Children and Sports – Finding a Balance
- Etheric? Astral? Ego? – An Esoteric View of teh Human Being and Its Value in the Education of the Child
- Paradise Lost: The Nine-Year Change
- The Four Temperaments
- Watching Your Temper(ament)
- A Modern Path of Meditation and Inner Development