A Guide to Naked-eye Observation of the Stars
NOTE: Imperfect copies currently discounted on the clearance page.
This is the astronomy course I always wanted to take, but could find! Davidson takes us outside, has us look up at the starry wonder overhead, and then tells us what we are seeing. In the process, he also treats us to myths, legends and history, and even includes a whole chapter of poetry about the stars! Wonderful!
- The Stars – I
- The Stars – II
- The Sun
- The Moon
- The Planets
- The Copernican Revolution
- Comets and Meteors
- The Southern Hemisphere Sky
- The Stars in Poetry
- Astronomical Events
- Technical Data
- Astronimcal Symbols
- Star Maps for Observers at the Equator
- Useful Materials and Publications
- Some Famous Individuals in the History of Astronomy
- Glossary of Astronomical Terms
NOTE: Imperfect copies currently discounted on the clearance page (scroll down to find them).