This popular book has undergone an extensive update and revision, resulting in the 3rd edition of this useful and practical resource book. Published in association with the Steiner-Waldorf Schools Fellowship, the book provides detailed suggestions and checklists cor Classes 1 through 8 for both the Waldorf teacher and home educator. Extensive appendices feature a compilation of sample planners to use as well as sample record tables for both students and teachers. A hugely practical assist to any Waldorf educator, Avison’s often witty advice provides an interesting and easy-to-navigate handbook for creative classroom activities and management.
Table of Contents:
- 1.0 The Imponderables
- 1.1 Readiness for Class One
- 1.2 Checklist: Class One Readiness
- 1.3 Starting Out — Class One
- 1.4 Recording and Self-evaluation
- 1.5 Checklists for Classes One–Three
- 1.6 About Imitation
- 1.7 …and Circle Time
- 1.8 Movement Skills for Classes One–Four
- 1.9 Classes Four and Five Skills Checklist
- 1.10 Classes Six and Seven Checklist
- 2.0 Planning Ahead
- 2.1 Preparation
- 2.2 Readiness
- 2.3 Review
- 2.4 Rehearse
- 2.5 And the Fourth “R”!
- 2.6 The Curriculum
- 2.7 Curriculum and Basic Skills
- 2.8 Class One
- 2.9 Class Two
- 2.10 Class Three
- 2.11 A Selection of Lessons from the Curriculum for Classes Four–Eight
- 2.12 Morning Lessons
- 2.13 Parent and Teacher — Enthusiasm for Education!
- 2.14 Of Meetings and Learnings
- Appendix A Movement Skills
- Appendix B Checklist: Indicators of Possible Special Learning Needs
- Appendix C An Interpretive Device
- Appendix D A Possible Foundation Script
- Appendix E Number Orientation — to help your children face number symbols correctly
- Appendix F Self-evaluation
- Appendix G Planners and Record Sheets
- Appendix H Record Keeping — for individual children
- Appendix I When Nothing Seems to be Working
- Appendix J Your Most Precious Resource — care for your voice!
- Appendix K How Are Your Children Sitting?
- Appendix L An Aid to Note Taking
This edition replaces A Handbook for Waldorf Class Teachers, 2nd Edition.
144 pages, 8 1/4″ x 9 1/2″, 2016.
Available June, 2016. Pre-order now!