NOW IN STOCK!!
This popular book has undergone an extensive update and revision, resulting in the 3rd edition of this useful and practical resource book. Published in association with the Steiner-Waldorf Schools Fellowship, the book provides detailed suggestions and checklists cor Classes 1 through 8 for both the Waldorf teacher and home educator. Extensive appendices feature a compilation of sample planners to use as well as sample record tables for both students and teachers. A hugely practical assist to any Waldorf educator, Avison’s often witty advice provides an interesting and easy-to-navigate handbook for creative classroom activities and management.
Table of Contents:
- 1.0 The Imponderables
- 1.1 Readiness for Class One
- 1.2 Checklist: Class One Readiness
- 1.3 Starting Out — Class One
- 1.4 Recording and Self-evaluation
- 1.5 Checklists for Classes One–Three
- 1.6 About Imitation
- 1.7 …and Circle Time
- 1.8 Movement Skills for Classes One–Four
- 1.9 Classes Four and Five Skills Checklist
- 1.10 Classes Six and Seven Checklist
- 2.0 Planning Ahead
- 2.1 Preparation
- 2.2 Readiness
- 2.3 Review
- 2.4 Rehearse
- 2.5 And the Fourth “R”!
- 2.6 The Curriculum
- 2.7 Curriculum and Basic Skills
- 2.8 Class One
- 2.9 Class Two
- 2.10 Class Three
- 2.11 A Selection of Lessons from the Curriculum for Classes Four–Eight
- 2.12 Morning Lessons
- 2.13 Parent and Teacher — Enthusiasm for Education!
- 2.14 Of Meetings and Learnings
- Appendix A Movement Skills
- Appendix B Checklist: Indicators of Possible Special Learning Needs
- Appendix C An Interpretive Device
- Appendix D A Possible Foundation Script
- Appendix E Number Orientation — to help your children face number symbols correctly
- Appendix F Self-evaluation
- Appendix G Planners and Record Sheets
- Appendix H Record Keeping — for individual children
- Appendix I When Nothing Seems to be Working
- Appendix J Your Most Precious Resource — care for your voice!
- Appendix K How Are Your Children Sitting?
- Appendix L An Aid to Note Taking
This edition replaces A Handbook for Waldorf Class Teachers, 2nd Edition.
144 pages, 8 1/4″ x 9 1/2″, 2016.
Available June, 2016. Pre-order now!