Collected and Annotated by Lisa Hildreth
Illustrated by Jo Valens
* * * Temporarily out of stock. More on the way!! * * *
If you order this item it will be shipped in 1-2 weeks.
This is another one of those books that many of us have been waiting for years to see someone publish – hooray! that the day has arrived.
Lisa Hildreth has gathered up recipes and suggestions from many different Waldorf kindergarten teachers and topped them off with high-quality research and explanations about the whys, wherefores, and other considerations. This is book that any parent or teacher of young children will come to treasure and use daily for many years.
With contents that range from rich and rewarding considerations to mouth-watering recipes, The Waldorf Kindergarten Snack Book is such a celebration of food and children that you’ll find yourself singing each time you prepare meals. This is one indispensable book!
- Planning Your Snacks – How Are Snacks a Part of Our Day? What Foods Nourish Young Children? How Does Food Affect the Process of Incarnation? What Foods Might You Wish to Avoid? What about Sugar? What Types of Snacks Will You Decide to Offer? How Can Snacks Help Children Make Connection? Will the Snacks Meet the Needs of Your Special Group of Children?
- Snack Menus – 3-Day Nursery Menus; 5-Day Kindergarten Menus; 4-Day Kindergarten Menus
- Our Daily Bread
- Warming Soups
- Luscious Fruits
- A Grain a Day – Here’s where you’ll find the list of grains (and colors!) by days of the week!
- Happy Birthday Cakes and Muffins
- Festival Foods