* * * Temporarily out of stock. More on the way!! * * *
If you order this item it will be shipped in 1-2 weeks.
Did you ever wish you had a resource book with all the most awe-inspiring math you could bring into the classroom… all the stuff that standard high school math textbooks never have time for?
It took Jamie York thirty years to develop his high school math curriculum. As well as standard math topics, this book is packed with material to inspire you and your students beyond the current norm.
The Source Book for Teaching High School Math is Jamie?s best work yet! It is an essential teacher?s companion for our Waldorf high school math workbooks, which are designed to develop the students? math skills, preparing them for anything they might encounter in college or life. We emphasize a healthy balance between developing skills and having mathematical experiences. We cover the standards (trigonometry, Cartesian geometry, logarithms, etc.), as well as main lesson material and less well-known topics.
Some of the many topics in this packed book include:
- Practical advice for teachers
- Math Curriculum Overview
- Handouts for Students
- Amazing Proofs (more than 50)
- Al-Khwarizmi’s Algebra
- Possibility and Probability
- Descriptive Geometry
- Greek Geometry Main Lesson
- Euclid’s Elements
- Sequences and Aeries
- Math and Music
- Projective Geometry
- Descartes Main Lesson
- Calculus Main Lesson
- Philosophy of Math
Jamie’s tried and tested Waldorf high school math curriculum prepares students not just for college, but also for life.
This book is needed to effectively use the high school workbooks.
- Making Math Meaningful: A High School Math Set
- A 9th Grade Workbook, Teacher’s Edition (including commentary and answer key)
- A 9th Grade Student’s Workbook
- Answer Key for Our 9th Grade Workbook
- A 10th Grade Workbook, Teacher’s Edition (including commentary and answer key)
- A 10th Grade Student’s Workbook
- Answer Key for Our 10th Grade Workbook
- An 11th & 12th Grade Workbook, Teacher’s Edition (including commentary and answer key)
- An 11th & 12th Grade Student’s Workbook
- Answer Key for our 11th and 12th Grade Workbook
- Fun with Puzzles, Games and More! for 4th through 12th grade
235 pages, 8 1/2″ x 11″, 2015.