Useful Information on Child Development and Education from Anthroposophical Sources
This is a classic, deservedly beloved handbook for any parent wanting a helping hand in understanding how to bring the Waldorf approach into their homes and hearts. Originally published in 1979, the present 3rd edition (1992) brings Cusick’s work up-to-date without sacrificing its heartwarming good advice or compromising her straightforward answers to important questions.
The Waldof Parenting Handbook is like having a wise grandmother to help you nourish your children as the travel through their school years — it’s really a pleasure to offer this book!
- The Child is Born – Hereditary/Genetic Stream and the Self; Embryonic Sheaths and the Threefold Nature of the Child
- The First Three Years – Growing Down; Walking, Talking, Thinking; Play and Fantasy
- The Temperaments – Fourfold Bodily Nature; The Developmental Sequence of Juvenile Temperaments
- Fantasy and Fact in Early Childhood – Circle of the Senses; Mechanical Fantasy and Language; Nursery School
- How: Methods and the Three R’s – Writing before Reading; Arithmetic; Main Lesson; The Spoken Word; Arts and Crafts
- The Magic Years: First to Third Grade – Fairy Tale Meaning and Language; Sequence of the Curriculum
- Grades Four to Seven – Animal Study; History; Plants; The Twelfth Year and the Fall into the Point; Acoustics; Color
- Puberty: Birth of the Self – Seventh and Eighth Grade Polarities; Adolescence; High School