At long last, teachers, parents, and most importantly, the students in their charge can again benefit from Roy Wilkinson’s insights into teaching mathematics.
Here, in his typically concise and complete style, Wilkinson has shared the basics of the Waldorf approach to teaching mathematics in Grades 1 through 8. Each page is packed with direction, examples, and a world of understanding. This is an outstanding resource for anyone wanting to know more about the art of teaching as it applies to the world of numbers.
- Class 1 & 2: From the whole to the parts – Number symbols – Pictorial introduction to the four processes – Rhythms – Number games – Geometry in drawing and movement
- Class 3 – Measurement – Derivation of terms
- Class 4 – Fractions – Factors – Ratio and proportion
- Class 5 – Families of numbers – Decimals
- Class 6 – Squaring, cubing, square and cube roots – Geometrical figures – Pi – Percentage and interest
- Class 7 – Algebra – Graphs – Golden ratio – Progressions – Pythagorean theorem
- Class 8 – Platonic solids – Algebraic fractions