Its Relationship to Soul and Spirit
Includes illustrated step-by-step instruction in Collot d'Herbois veil painting technique! Suitable for beginners, teachers and expert artists.
Profusely illustrated in color and black-and-white.
* * * Currently only available on clearance -- new copies on the way!! * * *
* * * Only clearance copies currently available. More new copies on the way!! (Clearance copies here — scroll down to find them.) * * *
Lois Schroff’s Color – Its Relationship to Soul and Spirit highlights the amazing depth of knowing that lies behind the beautiful paintings of watercolorist Liane Collot d’Herbois, whose application of the color theories of Rudolf Steiner and of J. W. von Goethe, together with her overall understanding of anthroposophical principles, are very much in evidence in her paintings. Lois Schroff has been teaching and painting in this method since 1977, following extensive studies with Collot d’Herbois.
Schroff delves into the mysteries of color, light, and darkness from artistic, scientific and esoteric perspectives. With a detailed “how to” section on the specifics of the Collot watercolor technique, this is nevertheless a book not only for painters, but for everyone interested in color. This edition of the book is expanded by new material based on the author’s recent years of teaching and study and by color illustrations of paintings by both Collot d’Herbois and Schroff. An extensive bibliography encourages further research.
- mysteries of light, color, and darkness
- the relationship of light, color and darkness to thinking, feeling and willing
- watercolor painting instruction in the manner of Liane Collot d’Herbois
- dark/light exercises
- prism experiments of J.W. von Goethe