Celebrating Rites of Passage from Birth to Adulthood
Shea’s latest book is a treasure for any family, any time. Throughout its more than 300 pages, she offers up celebrations for more than 20 of life’s most important moments, many of which I have never witnessed anyone celebrating before. Her love of life and love for the human heart shine joyously on every page – Living Passages is itself a celebration of the steps we all must take along the pathway that is our life.
I believe that this book is destined to breathe healing life into the world long after all of us have moved on to other realms – it is just that powerful, just that love-filled. It is my fondest hope that it finds its way into hearts and homes everywhere, and becomes a source of renewed joy, hope and love to all who are touched by its goodness.
Inside you will find:
- Creative ideas for celebrating contemporary rites of passage from birth to age 21
- Guidance for making soulful connections to secular rites of passage in the 21st Century
- Over 20 rites of passage ceremonies for infants, children, youths and adults
- Over 30 songs to honor life transitions
- Ideas for celebrating birthday passages
- Guides for imparting age-appropriate rights and responsibilities in a young person’s life
- Soulful wisdom & encouragement for parents
- Ideas for parents and caregivers to reclaim and heal life passages from the past