Frank B Linderman
Illustrated by Charles M Russell
* * * Temporarily out of stock. More on the way!! * * *
If you order this item it will be shipped in 1-2 weeks.
I can hardly believe that I’m only now discovering this gem of a book! How is it that I’ve not known about it all these years? The stories, collected by a devotee of Native American lore and originally published in 1915 are warm, evocative, rich and deep, and, well, just plain wonderful. In the context of Waldorf (or any!) education, there are some which could be used alongside Aesop as another sort of fable. Others, will fit in more easily when it is time to discover our native history and geography in 4th grade. The entire book is so alive with wisdom and an intimate knowledge of nature and its ways that anyone who reads it (or has it read to them) will keep these stories in their heart.
Here’s some of the stories you’ll find inside:
- How the Ducks Got Their Fine Feathers
- How the Otter Skin Became Great Medicine
- Why the Kingfisher Always Wears a War-Bonnet
- How the Man found His Mate
- Why the Chipmunk’s Back Is Striped
- The Moon and the Great Snake
And many, many more, each as inviting as the next. This book is a find!