6th or 7th Grade Christopherus Homeschool Resources
Donna Simmons with Gabriel Newton Simmons
Clear Folder Bound
Tour the Medieval world with Donna Simmons! And do it with confidence and enthusiasm under her expert tutelage.
If you’ve ever wondered how on earth to boil down the Middle Ages so that it can be presented meaningfully to 6th or 7th graders, here’s your answer. Donna describes and then presents a symptomatic approach to history that offers students real insight without the need to mention every interesting detail (of which there are an overabundance for this period of history – something fascinating around every corner).
Along with enthusiasm and experience, you’ll find these contents and more:
- The Waldorf Approach to History
- How to Use This Book – presentation and conversation, writing assignments, making a main lesson book
- Key elements and dates of the Middle Ages
- Summaries – written by Donna for your use as inspiration or class material
- Charlemagne and Haroun Al-Rashid
- How to Approach the Crusades
- Sample work from the main lesson book of Gabriel (Donna’s son) – drawings, a map and a short story.
- Suggestions for art and craft projects
- Vocabulary and Spelling
- Biographical sketches – William the Conqueror, Hildegard of Bingen, Thomas à Becket, Saladin
- Medieval Literature
- An annotated booklist