Translated by Anna Meuss
$18.95Add a review
Rudolf Steiner describes the nature of all the different angels who help guide the destiny of individuals and nations, our relationship to them, and the ways in which we understand and experience their reality. Our most exciting moment in the book came when we discovered an exercise Steiner gave for opening our inner eye to the presence of angels. We believe most of us already do this without being aware of it, and that the real "exercise" is one of becoming aware of what we already know.
Connecting with Our Spiritual Guides and Helpers
Selected Lectures by Rudolf Stiener
$16.95Add a review
Traditional folklore has spoken of guardian angels who guide and protect us. Rudolf Steiner also experienced the presence of these guardians and guides and spoke of them as reality. One of his aims was to enable people to connect again with these spiritual beings not only for their own benefit, but also for hte benefit of the other kingdom of nature and the whole destiny of the Earth.
Today, many more of us are awakening to angelic guidance in our daily lives. I think that anyone seeking for a firmer relationship with these beneficent beings will find much that is helpful in these lectures. I have also found them filled with characterizations and descriptions that were both inspiring and expanding.
Working with the Angels
The Young Child and the Spiritual World
Part of the Gateways Series
$20.00Add a review
Working with the Angels is clearly the result of intense, deep, sustained love: the love of each article's author for children and the world; the love of those responsible for publishing each article in its turn over the years; the love of the current editors in gathering all these remarkable insights and experiences together in one place; and, of course, the love of the angels for us.
This is a collection that is almost palpably alive with love and with love's possibilities. And with that, I'm going to let the contents speak for themselves:
Working with the Angels
- Working with the Angels, Archangels and Archai - Helmut von Kügelgen
- Conversation about Angels and Human Beings - Helmut von Kügelgen
- Finding a Connection to the World of the Angels - Helmut von Kügelgen
- The Meaning of Angels in Education and Self-Education - Michaela Glöckler, M.D.
The Destiny of the Child in Our Times
- Working with the Karma of the Young Child - Margaret Meyerkort
- Walking and the Incarnation of Destiny - Joan Almon
- Continuing the Work of the Hierarchies - Werner Glas
- Early Childhood and the Consciousness Soul - Joan Almon
- Threshold Experiences of Children and Adults - Helmut von Kügelgen
- Religion of the Young Child - Elizabeth Moore-Haas
The Gateway of Birth - the Sistine Madonna
- Raphael's Sistine Madonna - Is It Approriate in the Kindergarten? - René Querido
- The Sistine Madonna in the Waldorf Kindergarten - Joan Almon
- The Sistine Madonna - Symbol of the Eternal in Humanity - Rudolf Steiner
The Gateway of Death - Working with Death in the Kindergarten
- After-Death Care in the Home - Beth Knox
- Helping Children in a Time of Trouble - Nancy Foster
- Helping Our Children and Loved Ones at the Threshold of Death - Nancy Jewel Poer
- A Festival for a Threshold Crossing - Patricia Owens
- Birth into the spiritual World - Nancy Blanning
- A Story for Mia - Louise de Forest
- Grandma's Dream - Sheila Rubin
- For Anastasia and Her Dear Grandmother - Cynthia Aldinger
The Inner Path
- Self-Development as a Basis for the Relationship Between the Child and the Adult - Michaela Glöckler, M.D.
- Through the Eye of the Needle - Felicitas Vogt
- The Path of Inner Schooling - Jorgen Smit
- The Spiritual Foundations of Waldorf Education - Michaela Glöckler, M.D.
Compiled from articles published in the Newsletter of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association
Four Seasons and the Archangels
Translated by Pauline Wehrle
$20.00Add a review
These five lectures are among our favorites. The beauty of Steiner's portrayal of the activities of the archangels Michael, Gabriel, Raphael and Uriel at the four pillars of the year is breathtaking. These lectures picture the alchemy of the cosmos, human beings, plants, animals and minerals moving together through the all the forces of elemental nature to find the balance point of the Earth's true goal. Highly recommended as another key doorway to understanding the cosmic significance of the turning of the year.
Archangel Michael: His Mission and Ours
Selected Lectures and Writings
Edited by Christopher Bamford
$24.95Add a review
The writings and lectures in this volume span Rudolf Steiner's active life, from 1905 lectures on the Michael Event to the Michael Letters of 1924. This collection has so much breadth and depth that it is hard to find words to adequately express its value. A note here: The Archangel Michael contains the six core lectures from GA 194 Die Sendung Michael (The Michael Impulse). The final six lectures that complete that volume are available at www.bobnancy.com for free. This book plus those lectures offer you the most complete resource available for understanding the archangelic mission of our time.
The Little Series: Michaelmas
From the Work of Rudolf Steiner
Helmut von Kügelgen
$12.00Add a review
To our eye, Helmut von Kügelgen has succeeded in putting between two modest covers the deepest, most useful and most beautiful thoughts, essays, imaginations, verses and observations of Rudolf Steiner on the subject of Michaelmas and the Archangel Michael. This is a heart-opening, invigorating anthology.
- How to Use This Booklet
- Anthroposophy and the Human Gemüt
- Michael's Battle with the Dragon
- Twelve Verses from the Calendar of the Soul
- Michaelmas Verse
- The Michael Festival in the Course of the Year
- Enthusiasm and the Consciousness o fthe Waldorf Teacher
- Healthy and Ill instead of True and False
- The Fine Weaving of the Spiritual in the Material
- The Battle of Michael Described for the Waldorf Teacher
- Truth-Wrought Pictures of Michael and the Growth of Human Freedom
- On the Genesis of Evil
- Threefolding and the Michael Festival of the Future
- Easter and Michaelmas
- Trust in Spirit Bring Michael-Strength
- Michael's Ascent to Time Spirit and His Battle with the Dragon
- The Art of Education: Bulding the Vehicle in which Michael Will Ride into Our Civilization
- On the Being of Michael - His Gaze - Rejection of Nationalism
- The Message of Michael
- The Equilibrium Between Lucifer and Ahriman through Christ
- A Picture of Equilibrium
- On the Mystery of Michael
- From the New Testament
Twelve Aspects of Michael
Contrasted by their Counter-images
Illustrated by David Newbatt
$24.95Add a review
Both the lecture by Christoph-Andreas Lindenberg and the illustrations by David Newbatt are inspiring and elucidating - the sort of material in word and color that you'll find yourself mulling over for years to come. In an unexpected way, they are also extremely practical, pointing silently, almost invisibly at how we, with our very frail human nature, can find ways to live in the world with more love, guided by more light.
Most people are familiar with an image of St Michael and the Dragon. In this book Christoph-Andreas Lindenberg with words, and David Newbatt with images, explore other attributes of St Michael, in such a way that they reveal a twelve-fold balance of key noble qualities that the human being can strive for.
Along with these virtures is also described, in contrast, the all too recognisable failings of human nature, which have to be recognised and understood before they can be overcome.
The Mission of the Folk-Souls in Relation to Teutonic Mythology
Eleven lectures by Rudolf Steine
$22.50Add a review
According to Steiner's spiritual teachings, each “folk”—each race or ethnic group—has a kind of over-soul that interacts with those people, lending them unique characteristics that affect the karma and destiny of tribes, races, and nations. These lectures explore the nature and activities of the various folk souls, their influences, and their meaning in the modern world.
Selected Lectures by Rudolf Steiner
$25.00Add a review
Long ago human beings had an natural spiritual vision that allowed them to easily commune with the spiritual beings of the natural world. Over time, people became less able to see and know these beings, and fairies, gnomes, dwarfs and other "little folk" became the stuff of legends, myths, and children's stories. Rudolf Steiner was among the first of our modern age to insist that these folk tales and fairy stories were in fact based on reality - spiritual reality. He further asserted that we must now transform the old, instinctive knowledge of these beings into a clear scientific knowledge - and that by doing so we can restore and rebuild the shaky bridge that lies between humankind and the spiritual world.
These lectures are filled with fascinating descriptions about the the many spiritual helpers of the natural world. They also serve beautifully to characterize the relationship of human beings to this world and offer ways in which we as individuals can once again befriend the "wee folk" who carry with them the health of the Earth.
Perceiving Plants - Experiencing Elemental Beings
The Influence of Gnomes, Nymphs, Sylphs and Fire Spirits upon the Life of Plants
Dick van Romunde
Translated by James Lee and Jannebeth Röell
$12.00Add a review
Perceiving Plants was originally written as an introduction to Rudolf Steiner's Man as Symphony of the Creative Word (newly titled in English as Harmony of the Creative Word). From there, van Romunde expanded it and the result is this amazing little book in which the author teaches us how to become sensitive to the nature beings that sustain and effect plant life.
Whether you begin next to a favorite potted plant or out in a beautiful meadow, you'll find van Romunde teaching you things that will forever change the way you look at the natural world -- and will probably forever change your life. For, once we become truly awake to the helpful nature spirits, it is very difficult to go on as though they didn't exist, as if what we did really didn't matter.
Perceiving Plants offers us a uniquely joyous awakening to both the nature spirits and our own responsibility. A lovesong to both plants and the beings who create within them.
The Secrets and Mysteries of the Cherokee Little People
Lynn King Lossiah
Softbound, large format
Beautifully illustrated throughout with soft pencil drawings
$23.95Add a review
Secrets and Mysteries of the Cherokee Little People is a treasure of traditional Native American stories of elemental beings and angels and their workings with human beings. The Cherokee have spoken of the Little People as long as time remembered. These nature beings are known as the Yuñwt Tsunsdt'. This book reveals some of the secrets told among countless stories by the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indians. These are a few of their stories.
The stories range from delightful tales filled with humor to poignant stories of help and healing. I believe that anyone familiar with the European experience of Little People will find a joyous universality here, as well as confirmation of the goodness of the human heart. Some of the beauty of these stories rings so true that it brings tears to my eyes.
In addition to the many beautiful stories recorded here, there is the bonus that this edition features a bilingual interweaving of essential Cherokee words, spelled phonetically for English speaking readers. As you and your children or students read these stories, you will be introduced to and learn a bit of Cherokee and develop a feeling for the language.
Gracefully told, wonderfully illustrated, ideal for ages 9 and up. Note that not all the stories are for children, but most are very appropriate.